Peter Marshall Steel Stairs is a specialist company principally engaged in the design, fabrication and installation of highly engineered steelwork, staircases and balustrade systems.
Originally founded in 1970, the Company is one of the leading fabricators of steel staircases for residential, infrastructure and commercial applications in the UK.
With the expertise and experience, Peter Marshall Steel Stairs can deliver wide ranging solutions, from small one-off applications to multi-site, multi-flight installations.
The Leeds facility has an out turn production capacity of 300 tonnes per week, 15,000 tonnes per annum.
The Company forms part of the Billington Holdings Group.
Due to continued growth we are looking to recruit an aspiring Project Manager ideally with Structural / Secondary Steel or general Construction industry knowledge and experience to join and develop withing our contracts team.
The Role & Responsibilities
This position is an exciting opportunity to develop a leading role within a successful and growing business. Organised and conscientious, you’ll be able to plan and prioritise your own work to tight deadlines by programming and planning project activities; evaluating implementation procedures and analyse the impact of change during the progress of the project.
With good interpersonal, communication, planning and negotiation skills which allow you to communicate effectively with both internal members of staff along with external customers.
The successful candidate will ideally need technical knowledge of structural steel or general construction projects plus a good understanding of current Health & Safety requirements. Possession of or working towards appropriate CSCS accreditation will also be a distinct advantage.
The role will require regular travel and the post holder to work flexibly between our Offices and a number of live Sites.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the projects.
- Create and deliver project work plans and programmes and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify resources and assign responsibilities.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored.
- Works closely with relevant stake holders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s).
- Understands basic revenue models and P/L; meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements.
- Assistance with logistics planning for project bids.
- Any other appropriate duties identified and allocated by management.
Experience / Qualifications
- Appropriate CSCS card (or working towards).
- Experience of working in within the structural / secondary steel or general construction industry.
We offer a competitive benefits package including government pension scheme, enhanced sick pay and parental leave, health cash plan scheme. Please get in touch with Human Resources on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01226 340 666 if you are interested.
Salary will be negotiable dependant on experience.