Experts in steel stair design, fabrication and installation. Peter Marshall Steel Stairs is a specialist company principally engaged in the design, fabrication and installation of highly engineered steelwork, staircases and balustrade systems.
Originally founded in 1970, the company has developed its experience and expertise to become the leading fabricator of steel staircases for residential, domestic and commercial applications in the UK.
Due to continued growth we are looking for an apprentice with a keen interest in Fabrication to join our skilled team. This is a great opportunity for a motivated and eager individual.
- This role is an exciting opportunity for a highly-motivated individual who is eager to learn with a positive energy and attitude. A strong work ethic and interest in fabrication and welding is vital.
- The successful post holder will gain valuable experience in the steel industry, and have the opportunity to work with major companies across the country and work on an enviable list of high profile projects.
- The successful apprentice will work alongside our highly skilled Fabricators at our workshop in Gildersome, Leeds and will develop the skills required to read engineering drawings, operate a range of machinery and fabricate structures to a very high standard.
- As part of the role, the successful candidate will join a structured Apprenticeship Programme, completing an appropriate NVQ, Functional Skills and a technical certificate.
On successful completion of this apprenticeship there will be an opportunity to progress further in this field to the role of Improver – Fabricator Welder and eventually even further to a fully qualified experienced Fabricator Welder.
Total Weekly Working Hours: 39 hours per week
Working Days and times: 07.30am – 4.30pm Monday to Thursday (8.5 hour day) and 07.30am – 12.30pm Friday (5 hour day)
Experience / Qualifications
- Candidates must have achieved a good general standard of education, preferably in maths and a technology subject.
- Attention to detail and practical minded, with an ability to use initiative and interest to learn whilst in the role.
Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive benefits package including government pension scheme, enhanced sick pay and parental leave, health cash plan scheme. Please get in touch with Human Resources on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01226 340 666 if you are interested.
Salary will be negotiable dependant on experience.